Speak from day 1| Practical approach to learning with a purpose | Instant correction and feedback | Strategies, tactics and habits for successful language learning|
Hello! My name is Han.
I'm a freelancer teacher with 3 years of teaching experience in both English and Korean for people at all levels. Learning foreign languages, however, has been one of my lifelong pursuits and I have spent thousands of hours on learning and practicing English, French, Spanish and Portuguese. Every language is different but there is a systematic approach that applies to learning any language.
Traditional language teaching has been mediocre at best for giving a good result towards students' overall ability to communicate in their target language. It also vastly ignores individuality and doesn't prepare students to be independent at learning on their own once they have reached a certain level. It also puts too much importance on learning grammar rules.
Learning a foreign language is intuitive and it's always more powerful and effective to be able to use what you learn from grammar rather than knowing grammar rules. You can study all the grammar rules in a language but it won't help you communicate until you apply them and use them.
We will focus on building the necessary skills in order to get you to communicate right away. We will also use a variety of learning techniques and tools in order to maximize your results.
Whether you're a beginner who doesn't know where to begin or someone who has been struggling with Korean for a long time, book your first lesson and find out more about how you can take your proficiency to the next level!
See you in class!
* Keep in mind that learning a language takes commitment and effort.
If you want to learn a language well, you'd have to commit yourself to consistent review and practice.
- Even if you're a total beginner I can teach you Hangul (Korean alphabet from scratch)
- Expressions (learning how to express yourself in the most common situations)
- Basic grammar and vocabulary (Recommended book: Korean Grammar in Use)
- Tactics and tools to help you progress faster than average people
- (optional) Homework
* It's important to start learning grammar as early as possible. Every language is different. For Korean I recommend Korean Grammar in Use.
It's important to focus on grammar it shouldn't be your end goal. Remember that your goal is to be fluent and assimilating grammar is just a tool for helping you understand a language better.
2.Intermediate to Advanced (Good understanding of Korean grammar, verb conjugation, vocabulary, pronunciation):
- Reaching confidence and accuracy in communication
- Advanced vocabulary and grammar
- (optional) Proficiency exam preparation
- News article and discussion
*Please note that if a student is absent for a lesson, there will be no refund. For each lesson, it takes preparation on my part and I value my time very much. Should you need to cancel or reschedule a lesson, please inform me at least 12 hours in advance.
*Also please ensure a good internet connection as well as your microphone set up to project a clear audio quality.
Thank you and I'm looking forward to working with you!!