I'm Scott, I am a Native English speaker from Australia who lives and works in Phnom Penh, Cambodia.
I am a certified teacher with 4 years of experience teaching English, and other academic subjects in Cambodia and an additional 2 years in Thailand. I offer private and online tutoring to students both in Phnom Penh and around the globe.
I have a very basic level of spoken Khmer/Thai which can be helpful when tutoring lower-level students, although I stress it is important to shy away from speaking your native language as much as possible when studying another.
I have been predominantly teaching Academic & General conversational English, IELTS, and English for Business throughout my time in Cambodia, but I currently teach students as young as 9 (grade 2) in all subjects.
What I can offer as an ESL (English Second Language), Tutor.
· A set curriculum based on your level, using some of the best resource material available.
· Homework/ self-study material so you can practice in your free time with friends or family.
· A structured teaching method with proven results, incorporating visual, audio, and kinaesthetic teaching methods.
· General conversational and writing skills. This is helpful if you are just looking to learn some conversational skills and improve your English comprehension.
· Training and practice for internationally recognized proficiency tests; such as IELTS testing etc.
· Tuition in specific subjects; such as Math, Science, History, and English for Business.
I can work with young learners or students with a very basic level of English. In these cases I would look to focus on basic grammar rules, phonics, spelling, handwriting, pronunciation, and general confidence when speaking.
I have a proven track record. I am also able to provide references/commendations from respectable educational institutions I have worked for in Cambodia.
The price would be an hourly rate, and study hours are flexible. If you have any more questions please don't hesitate to send me a private message.